So I got the little Rosebud done painting and decided “What a cute tiny head! Instead of going bald or rooting hair, I’m going to try to paint hair!”
FAIL!! And then I wiped it all off (not baked yet, no way) and cleaned the head and started rooting.
I’m going to be doing another Rosebud in the next few months and make that one a baldie – this sculpt has such a cute little bald head.
She is just so precious, I had to share a picture of her as a wip. She has the main skin tones but needs some detailing taken care of, lips, nails, shading, final skin tones, eyebrows, and such. I am going to try painted hair on her, since she is such a wee one. If it doesn’t turn out like I want then I will root over it, but I think she’d look better with wispy painted hair.
There are more pictures of her on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/EdensLittleOnes
Just a short post to say that Mila is rooted (here’s a picture of the head in-progress about a week ago), just waiting for his/her eyes to arrive to share pictures.
Also, I’ve been working on painting Rosebud. Oh my stars, this little premature baby is sooooo sweet and detailed! I’ll be sharing pictures of her in a day or two, though she still has a ways to go on her painting. She’s going to have a peach-y pink complexion.
Realized today that I haven’t updated the “Adopted” baby gallery in quite a while, so I did that last night. So anyone who wants to see the past babies I have made, check it out here
I also worked some more on the Easton head, for my second bundle baby. Pictures of this Little One later tonight or tomorrow
I was looking over my blog posts, searching for my first bundle baby pictures so I could remember the name of the head sculpt ( Scarlet, by Cindy Musgrove ) and I couldn’t find any. I think I forgot to post him! And so, here he is. I am currently just starting to paint my second one, thinking of painting the hair for the current one. But here is my first:
This is him before his head was weighed and attached – this is what the bundle body looks like
This is him, painted, before hair And this is him finished He was adopted last week and is now with his new mama
Coming along – will work on the final details, nails, lips, brows, and last layer later tonight.
My first bundle baby sold last night, and so I was able to order the head for another one – I chose Easton, by Michelle Fagan. I also ordered Rosebud, by Cindy Musgrove. This little preemie is so cute, I can’t wait to work on her.
Still working on Mila, but at a standstill right now because he/she isn’t sure where to go from here. Right now it’s a toss-up between going a light Hispanic or going a dark AA. Hopefully something will work out tomorrow night – I have Friday and Saturday off, for the family coming for Easter (so I will be busy will other things, but I will have time to ponder the baby too ).
Here’s my new wip gonna be such a ham, look at that face!
the nursery was already white walled, but I wanted something… a little decorative
So I painted trees with pink flowers, painted the dresser white (it was just stripped wood) and will add a tree with pink flowers to it also, and am planning on accenting with blue. I’m thinking blue plush toys or maybe blue picture frames on the wall or maybe even painting my nursery name in blue on a wall, not sure yet.
But here are the flowering trees:
The above picture is the smaller of the two trees, but shows the true colors (white walls, light pink flowers). The picture below is the bigger tree but the colors are off because it’s a night picture):
I got the idea from Pinterest, where people take the pop bottle and make the flower stamp. Well, it worked really well. but the paint had to be thick and then it dripped down the wall. So I used the bottle and did just a bit of paint and used it to stamp a basic stencil pattern on the wall and then painted it (because it was very thin and patchy). My daughters helped me and we had so much fun!