Eden’s Little Ones Reborn Care Guide
Each baby is painted with non-toxic Genesis heat set paints, which claim to never fade or rub off, so you can cuddle with your Little One as much as you like.
Some babies’ noses have been opened and backed with felt, to be a “breather.” Some noses are not opened but instead have been painted for a realistic look of depth and glossed for the baby “wet look.”
I use real angora mohair or suri alpaca fiber on all my Little Ones because it feels so fine and soft, just like real baby hair. The hair is sealed inside the head, so you can gently wash it with a clean damp cloth and tenderly style it with a baby brush or comb. The moisture form the cloth will allow the hair to be styled easier. Use a spray of baby leave-in conditioner when your Little One’s hair is very matted and it will help you to work any tangles or fly-aways out.
Very small fine glass beads, hypoallergenic flame retardant polyester fluff, and poly pellets give the Little ones a cuddly torso and the whole body weight and feel of a real baby. The head is also weighted and needs support, just like any baby.
Because of the cost of materials and the many hours put into each baby, reborn dolls are heirloom collector items. They are not factory play dolls or real babies, they are collector dolls – please treat them accordingly. Each reborn at Eden’s Little Ones is a One-Of-A-Kind (OOAK) baby to be loved and cherished for generations.
- Do not get moisture near the body or it could get inside and cause mold or other problems.
- Do not display your Little One in the sun or anywhere it could get too hot or too cold. The sun will bleach out the hair and extreme temperatures could damage or crack the vinyl limbs and head.
- Keep dust from accumulating on your baby, as it will be easier to gently wipe off a little than it will be to get off a thick layer.
- Do not use too much leave-in conditioner, as it could damage the mohair. Use a damp cloth or damp fingers to style the hair when possible. This will also help to wipe away excess conditioner.
- Remember that the body is only cloth with plastic joints and is likely to fade, stretch, get wet, or tear if exposed to conditions that could cause these.
- Increased security at airports are putting your reborn doll at risk of being cut, taken apart, or otherwise damaged during searches. This is happening more and more frequently.
- If you have other questions or concerns, about what you can and can not do with your reborn, that are not addressed anywhere on my website, there are answers. Visit a wonderful website called http://www.realistic-reborn-dolls.com – they have a link to “ask an artist” where you will get responses from many artists who have the answers you are looking for. If I have an answer, I will be one of the ones replying to your question.